Blog Archive

Saturday, March 8, 2008

A look at me

Revision 2
I see you there in my mirror,
a masquerade of sunshine and roses
disguising the thorns in your side.

My face, lined with broken dreams
of open arms and soothing voices,
watches me through the rain
from every rainbow tear.

Memories once banished
lurk in my minds shadow
as smiles fade and I
remember you little gurl.

Revision 1
Little gurl I see you there behind my mirror,
a masquerade of sunshine and roses, my face in the past.
There's a feeling inside just out of reach
beyond the prison bars of my heart,
the one holding broken dreams
of soothing voices and open arms.

On my way today through the rain,
your face was there
reflected in every rainbow tear
that fell from my hypocrits eyes.
Memories once banished lurk
in my minds shadow as smiles fade
and I remember you little gurl.

Original
Little gurl I see you there
in behind my mirror
where did you go little gurl?
my face in the past

Little gurl I've got a feeling inside
it's a little black cloud
over my heart
where did you go little gurl?

On my way today thru the rain
Oh little gurl you were there
reflected in every drop
they fell from my little black cloud

There's a smile on my face
but my tears run down my heart
stepped thru the mirror this morning
where did you go little gurl?

S Copeland

No comments: