Blog Archive

Monday, January 26, 2009

What I'm Listening To (2)

Will.I.Am - - It's A New Day
No doubt you've all heard this one with the election and inauguration of President Barack Obama, but it's another one that has been in my head...
"I woke up this morning feeling alright, cause we weren't fighting for nothing" Will.I.Am
Video here, VIDEO .

Regina Spektor - - The Call
This song is used in The Chronicles of Narnia; Prince Caspian. I have written quite a few of my latest poems while listening to this track sometime during the writing process. Audio only with lyrics here, VIDEO .

Joan Osborne - - What If God Was One of Us
I think this song has fantastic lyrical value...and I love the questions that are put forth in it.
"If God had a face what would it look like
And would you want to see
If seeing meant that you would have to believe
In things like heaven and in jesus and the saints and all the prophets"

1 comment:

CathM said...

I listened to the Joan Osborne song. Poignant question re ‘If God was one of Us’ and a beautiful tune. Thanks for sharing.