Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Add A Stake

Candle candle on the wall
light the ceiling of this whining hall
floor don't let me fall, please, don't let me fall
as the clock ticks and it tocks, seconds to stall
between minutes that explode between the hours;
should lock them up in towers
there to scream out like tortured town criers
never cry wolf you liar liar!
I can hear you strumming strings
strung between your passionate flings
to follow those tangoing footsteps that sing
of Riviera's and cheap wine's sting,
I'll have your head for my heart
pierce it like a voodoo doll for a start
a warning for cupid's dart;
add a stake, and make nice sculptural art.

1 comment:

Every Photo Tells A Story said...

I would love to hear some of your poems, like this one, read out loud, Sarah-Paige. The rhythm is just amazing. (I'm all about rhythm when it comes to poetry.)

The ending is powerful to say the least! There's nothing as mighty as a scorned woman:)


"I'll have your head for my heart
pierce it like a voodoo doll for a start
a warning for cupid's dart;
add a stake, and make nice sculptural art."